The variety of people present, the Poppulo team and the swift agenda that kept things moving. It was very professional and engaging.
The Future of Internal Comms
Listen and learn from industry experts and Poppulo Internal Comms Advisors. Gain the tools and knowledge to help you and your team elevate internal communications in your organization and prove the value of the IC function to your leadership team.
The Forum gives you the opportunity to hear from leading Internal Comms practitioners sharing their experiences and giving best practice takeaways that can be applied by all attendees.
It will be an unmissable opportunity to network with other senior leaders, share ideas and build professional relationships.
As a recognized expert in employee engagement, branding and strategic internal communications, Preston leads strategy development and employee experience design programs within some of the most reputable companies in the world. He is an energetic and creative leader who is intimately involved in all aspects of the Intactic business—actively driving current projects and growing the thriving company.
As Initiative Communications Lead for McDonald’s USA, Jessica uses a smart, data-driven content strategy to raise awareness and adoption of key business initiatives. Her work ensures franchise owners of McDonald’s and corporate employees feel engaged with the information they need, when they need it. Jessica creates, deploys and finds innovative uses for a variety of modern communications channels.
With a background in corporate communications and media relations, Jenn understands the importance of ensuring employees are prioritized in organizational communications. Jenn leads a number of key accounts for employee experience agency Brilliant Ink. Whether building bridges with HR, partnering more fully with external comms or counseling senior leaders on messaging, Jenn loves to help clients realize the powerful results of putting their people first.
Ruth has contributed to the success of nearly 50 initiatives and multiple business objectives. She has transformed internal communications from producing a weekly newsletter to a modern team of business partners, writers, graphic designers, videographers and editors, sound mixers, podcasters, analysts and above all – connectors.
Mark leads the Product Marketing team at Poppulo and is responsible for driving marketing strategies that help Poppulo transform workplace communications and engagement. A natural story-teller, Mark brings creativity and energy to help bring products to market.
Join other senior IC practitioners and learn valuable takeaways from industry experts. Build professional relationships with industry peers in the United States.
- 01. Discover best practice insights from industry thought leaders.
- 02. Be inspired by what other organizations are doing.
- 03. Use the opportunity throughout the morning to put the theory into practice.
- 04. Network with your peers, share stories and make lasting professional connections.
- 05. Learn from the marketing-leading IC software and services organization.
- 06. Leave with strategic tips and actions that can make a real difference in your organization.
Loved hearing the various ideas and listening to the similar challenges from colleagues who work in other industries
Thought it was great to get so many IC leaders in a room together.
Poppulo Communicators Forum San Francisco 2019
Registration & Continental Breakfast
Introduction and Welcome
Opening Keynote with Preston Lewis: Modern Employee Communications: What you can do now to create a better employee experience
Let’s be real, most companies are have a hard time meeting employee expectations when communicating at work. As technology evolves, our approach to internal communications also needs to change.
Our role as communicators is to partner with leaders and managers to ensure that we are constantly facilitating an ongoing conversation about how design and deliver a better employee experience. However, making this plan a reality has its challenges as we navigate the realities of how things get done inside our companies.
This session will illustrate a new vision for the modern employee experience and identify the key factors that we can influence to lead to higher levels of employee engagement and overall satisfaction.
Other elements will include:
- The distinction between employee communications, experience and engagement
- A holistic employee experience framework
- The key elements of modern internal communications
- A human-centric approach to HR communications
- What you can do now to move from theory to action
Engaging Employees in a Multi Channel World with Mark Heslop
Breaking Through: Creating Content that Resonates
There are more than 128 Billion work-related emails sent each day. How can you create content that breaks through the noise, resonates with your employees and drives them to action? Hear how McDonald’s USA is doing just that by following just a few, simple steps.
Time to get personal
In the Age of Algorithms, preference has usurped content as king. From the Netflix queue to our social media feeds, algorithms are working hard to serve up just what you want to see – and nothing else. Learn how a small team of DIY Communicators targeted content and brought the personal into Internal Communications, without algorithms and with limited resources.
Elevating internal communications through thoughtful planning with Brilliant Ink
This hands-on workshop will tackle the most commonly experienced pain points in employee communications and share actionable strategies for how to elevate IC in your organization, including:
- Developing a charter for the IC team that defines and clarifies its role and ensures stakeholders know how to engage
- Building a highly visual chart that illustrates what, where, when and how the cascade of information works inside your organization
- Clarifying the purpose and process for all internal communication channels, including guidance for selecting the most effective channel for different topics and audiences
- Building basic KPIs for measuring progress and demonstrating impact
- Creating tools to keep stakeholders build their own effective communications plans and materials