Very useful to meet more of the Poppulo team & get a full client perspective from James at Barclays. Thank you for a well organised forum.
The Future of Employee Comms
Listen and learn from industry experts and Poppulo Employee Comms Advisors and network with industry peers. Gain the tools and knowledge to help you and your team elevate employee communications in your organization and prove the value of the IC function to your leadership team.
At this event, you will have the opportunity to hear from leading Employee Comms practitioners sharing their experiences and giving practical best practice takeaways that can be applied by all attendees.
Engage by Poppulo will be an unmissable opportunity to network with other senior leaders, share ideas and build professional relationships.
As the former director of customer and employee relations at TCC, the largest Verizon Authorized Retailer in the nation, Ryan McCarty is no stranger to empowering employees through a powerful cultural movement. Ryan created Culture of Good, Inc. to inspire other businesses to create truly altruistic programs that make the world a better place. Through Culture of Good, Inc. Ryan helps other organizations engage the hearts of their employees and empower them to make the changes they wish to see in their communities.
Meagan is known as a “Generational Humorist” and has an outspoken, take-no-prisoners Gen X attitude and challenges her audiences to think differently and act decisively when dealing with multiple generations. What seemed like a perfect solution yesterday is the source of tomorrow’s problem. Learn from Meagan what you can do now to make the most of each generation in your workplace!
Ann Melinger has spent nearly 20 years helping organizations strengthen employee engagement and driving business success. She’s worked the top communications agencies in the world partnering with organizations ranging from federal government agencies, to global pharmaceutical companies, to up-and-coming tech startups.
After nearly a decade supporting Fortune 500 companies connect more effectively with their key audiences through the power of data, Jackie has now turned her analytical eye toward the employee experience. Using data to bridge the gap between employee engagement and business results, Jackie identifies solutions to evolve business practices, increase productivity, and improve overall workplace satisfaction.
John Alderman has spent his life at the intersection of leadership and communications. He managed customer publications at UPS, led executive communications for Cox Automotive, and directed all Ga. DoD communications. His military career included 20+ years in the reserves and on active duty including a year in Iraq. John currently leads Executive and Employee Communications at Equifax. He holds both a B.A. and an M.A. in English.
Donald Jones is a Lead Digital Strategist and “social technologist” at Booz Allen Hamilton, a global firm of diverse, passionate, and exceptional people driven to excel, do right, and realize positive change in everything we do. Donald focuses on the firm’s online brand reputation, employee engagement and advocacy, as well as the firm’s internal email enablement program using Poppulo. He also drives ongoing improvements to the employee digital experience.
Dr. Kelly Monahan is an organizational behaviorist and leads the global future of work research agenda at Deloitte. She actively studies the interplay between human behavior and organizational environments and its implications in the future of work. Her research has been recognized and published in both applied and academic journals, including MIT Sloan Management Review and Journal of Strategic Management. Dr. Kelly Monahan is als a published author, has written over a dozen publications and is a sought-after speaker on how to apply new management and talent models in knowledge based organizations.
Bridget Williams is a digital operations coordinator at Cargill, Inc., which has businesses in food, agriculture, nutrition and risk management. Her career at Cargill began in human resources, and she has spent the last nine years working in various roles in corporate communications. In her current position, she manages Poppulo administration for the company – providing support to 90+ license holders who distribute communication to Cargill’s 155,000 employees worldwide. In addition to Poppulo administration, she works as part of the digital team that manages the corporate websites and administers the company’s website analytics tool.
Lori Fligge has worked in communications for more than 25 years in agency and corporate environments, executing programs for both B2C and B2B companies. She currently leads a variety of corporate internal communications initiatives for Cargill, where she has spent the last 14 years in a variety of roles, including media relations, mergers and acquisitions, and leading a team of corporate communications channel managers in the efficient sharing of content across the global organization.
Alyssa Hagan currently serves as associate director of internal communications and engagement at Encompass Health Corporation, one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute healthcare services. Through timely and creative content development and governance, she manages internal communications strategy for the Company’s communication channels and offers corporate partners a strategic approach to communication needs.
Sian joined CDK Global (then ADP) in 2014 as Internal Communications Manager. Responsible for building an international communications strategy that would engage Associates in 27 countries worldwide, Sian has established new channels, hosted global events, and worked closely with the Engagement team to launch a new survey and extend the reach of communications through a network of Champions.
Emily finds new ways to engage McDonald’s USA employees and franchise owners in the company’s growth plan. She drafts, distributes and measures the impact of internal communications on business results. From worldwide convention speeches, to national leadership videos, to local success stories, Emily makes sure there’s an appetizing blend of emotional and rational thinking baked into anything she creates.
Angela Sinickas is the CEO and founder of Sinickas Communications Inc. Founded in 2000, Sinikas Communications’ clients include 25% of the Forbes Top 100 largest global companies nowadays. Her work has been recognized with 21 international awards.
Whether you are a Communications Director, Manager or Executive, this event will deliver actionable insights for you and your team. If you are interested in attending Engage by Poppulo, but need your manager’s approval first, use this template as a guide to show them why you can’t miss the employee engagement and experience event of the year!
- 01. Discover best practice insights from industry thought leaders.
- 02. Be inspired by what other organizations are doing.
- 03. Tailor your experience by attending your choice of workshops.
- 04. Network with your peers, share stories and make lasting professional connections.
- 05. Put faces to the name of the Poppulo team.
- 06. Leave with strategic tips and actions that can make a real difference in your organization.
Engage by Poppulo 2019
Registration & Networking
Workshop: Elevating Internal Communications Through Thoughtful Planning
This hands-on workshop share actionable strategies for how to elevate internal communications at your organization
Does your organization understand the purpose and role of the internal communications team? Do leaders know how to use your various communications channels to most effectively reach employees? Do you receive requests (or perhaps even demands) for communications support from stakeholders who don’t seem to understand the broader role of your team?
This hands-on workshop will dig into questions like these, and share actionable strategies for how to elevate internal communications at your organization, including:
- Developing a charter for the IC team that defines and clarifies its role and ensures stakeholders know how to engage
- Building a highly visual chart that illustrates what, where, when and how the cascade of information works inside your organization
- Clarifying the purpose and process for all internal communications channels, including guidance for selecting the most effective channel for different topics and audiences
- Building basic KPIs for measuring progress and demonstrating impact
- Creating tools to help stakeholders build their own effective communications plans and materials
Coffee Break & Networking
Unlocking your full potential with data: Maximize your people data to enhance your account
This session will highlight how using good data can lead to optimization and increased engagement within your account
Main topics this session will cover:
- Understanding your data
- Getting the best data into Poppulo
- How to optimize your account setup
- Targeting & Best Practice
Design Session: Transform your communication to boost engagement
This design session will walk you through tactics to enhance your brand within your Poppulo account
Main topics this session will cover:
- Drag & Drop
- Mobile First
- Targeting & Personalization
Networking Happy Hour
Close of Day 1
Registration & Continental Breakfast
CEO Welcome, Andrew O'Shaughnessy Poppulo
Opening Keynote: Zap the Gap! From Boomers to Linksters, Working with Multiple Generations
Meagan Jonhson, Generational Expert, Speaker and Author
In her outrageously energetic delivery, Meagan demonstrates that all generations have differences and strengths that go beyond mere age and appearance – and she does in a way that audiences love.Participants will tackle generational challenges, myths and misunderstanding head on. Learn what you can do right now to make the most of them all.
- The “Generational Signposts” that define and explain why different generations act the way do
- The importance of capturing Baby Boomer talent before it evaporates
- How to keep Generation committed and focused
- Why Millennials think your workplace stinks and what you can do about it
- What to do about the Millennial Generation and the annual review
- How a 15-minute monthly conversation will help eliminate Millennial attrition
- Why you need to stop trying to motivate and start engaging the Millennials
Coffee Break & Networking
Keynote: Solving the Engagement Crisis: How to move from CX to EX in your Organization
Kelly Monahan, Deloitte
workforce is in a state of crisis when it comes to engagement in their job. What is going on? The evolving workforce is seeking an experience, much like they do as customers, and looking to their workplace to provide a set of opportunities to reengage them in their work. Yet, most organizations engage in transactional practices and relationships with their workforce leaving much opportunity on the table. Within this conversation you will learn from the latest research what motivates today’s modern-day workforce, how to apply marketing practices to engage your employees and ultimately achieve better results in today’s quickly changing environments.
Calculating the ROI on Your Communications
Angela Sinickas, CEO & Founder Sinickas Communications Inc.
- Set measurable communication objectives that connect internal communication activities to business results based on changed audience behaviors.
- Conduct a variety of measures on messages, channels and outcomes to see how effective your communications are.
- Calculate the incremental return on investment (ROI) for specific communication campaigns or channels.
Track 1- Techniques to solve the disconnect within a global workforce
- 1:00 Take 5: Solving the disconnect within a global workforce
- 1:30 Powered by Nurses: Creating unity in a disjointed workforce
- 2:00 Cutting down on noise: How to streamline your communications & make the biggest impact
- 1:00 Providing leadership during disruption
- 1:30 Creating order from chaos: How Booz Allen Hamilton transformed their internal communications
- 2:00 IC in the modern era
Bridget Williams, Cargill
Track 2- Provide leadership through communications in times of change
John Alderman, Equifax
Track 1- Building Brand Ambassadors: How engagement increases employee value and moral
Alyssa Hagan, Encompass Health
Track 2- IC of tomorrow: Developing a strategic and integrated IC function
Donald Jones, Booz Allen Hamilton
Track 1- How to streamline your internal communications & make the biggest impact
Luz Betancourt, UPMC
Track 2- IC in the Modern Era: The power of data & insights
Emily Nichols, McDonalds
Track 1- Power of Data: How to tailor & personalize your employee communications
Track 2- Going Digital: Evolving communications to drive employee engagement
Sian Cargan, CDK Global
Coffee Break & Networking
Poppulo Panel Session
The role it Communications plays in driving the Employee Engagement & Experience
In this session, you’ll have the opportunity to hear from some of the brightest minds in the internal communications space. Learn about their challenges, best practices and insights into how to propel your employee engagement.
- Bridget Williams, Digital Operations Coordinator – Cargill
- Alyssa Hagan, Associate Director of Internal Communications & Engagement – Encompass Health
- John Alderman, Senior Director- Executive & Internal Communications – Equifax
- Donald Jones, Lead Associate & Digital Strategist – Booz Allen Hamilton
- Luz Betancourt, Senior Internal Communications Manager – UPMC
- Sian Cargan, Internal Communications Director – CDK Global
- Emily Nichols, Internal Communications – McDonalds
Closing Keynote: Communicating For Change- How To Build A Better Workplace And World With Purpose
Ryan McCarty, Co-Founder, Culture of Good
We’re moving into a world with less human connection which is adding to the lack of belonging and in turn significantly lessening employee engagement. Communicating a sense of community and belonging at work is not a top down approach but rather a grass roots initiative that can have a positive impact on your workplace and world.In this session Ryan will share how to:
- Build a vibrant culture by engaging the hearts and minds of each employee.
- Foster human connection by leveraging solutions proven to improve effective communication.
- Cultivate authentic, caring community with a strategy that supports employee experience and drives retention and heightens performance.
We are offering a fantastic group rate of $309 at the Sheraton Boston Hotel for the nights of May 6th and 7th. If you would like to take advantage of this price, please click here.
If you have any further questions before attending Engage by Poppulo, email Heather Archambault at email@example.com
Are there accommodations for the event?
Yes, please use the link above to book through the Poppulo room block
Where is the event taking place?
The event will take place at the Boston Sheraton on Dalton St.
What topics will be covered during the event?
Throughout Engage you will hear about internal culture, employee engagement, generational gaps in the workplace, internal communications and much more!
Please choose your ticket below.