Richard Gera is the Digital Communications Channels & Services Director at GSK
Moving from the theory of digital workplace to a reality that senior leaders buy into.
How do you deal with challenge of multiplying and often siloed channels and apps, and the exponential growth of digital content within organisations?
How do you convince senior leadership that there is a problem that needs to be fixed?
Digital Workplace and more recently Digital Employee Experience have become buzzwords in internal communications and engagement circles.
Descriptions vary but the underlying themes revolve around creating a more consumer like digital experience for employees, helping them to be more effective when communicating, collaborating and increasingly when completing transactional activities such as travel and expenses and buying goods and services.
Richard Gera will share GSK’s journey over the last 6-9 months of moving from the theory of digital workplace, to a tangible program of work that senior leaders take notice of, fund, resource and proactively sponsor.
Attendees will gain insight into GSK’s implementation of their ‘Making it Easy’ strategy, centered around creating a more cohesive digital experience that employees love.
● What is a digital workplace? Why it such an important challenge to meet in today’s organizations.
● The value of a successful digital workplace for the employer vs. the employee
● Reviewing the overall user experience by taking the UX experience found in consumer spaces and applying them in an enterprise work context.
● Where to start in joining the dots between multiplying channels, apps, and digital content to create a seamless digital employee experience.
● Why it is absolutely essential to be able to measure.
About the speaker:
Richard Gera is a digital communications professional with 20+ years experience in the pharmaceutical sector. He has been involved in all aspects of the internal communications digital journey from the early days of intranets through the rise of web 2.0 and collaboration tools up to the current day focus on mobility, social and digital workplace.