Yesterday we attended the #smwSMILE event held by simply-communicate, our CEO Andrew O’Shaughnessy took to the stage alongside Andrew Grill of Kred and Marie Wallace from IBM. The topic was Social Internal Communications Measurement: an exploration on the powerful new tools that social affords.
Here are some of the main takeaways from Andrew’s talk:
– If you can’t measure it – you can’t manage it. Internal Communications measurement is one of the biggest challenges internal communicators face.
– Dashboards are the key to success, they show the importance of your activities to the organisation.
– View engagement across several issues for true insight into engagement.
– Establish what are your Motivation Metrics, for example; What drove social activity the most? What content engaged them in the message? What drove channel activity?
– Know how your message was consumed – by device type, by mobile/tablet type, by client, browser, OS etc
Most importantly Andrew stressed the need for internal communicators to know what is going on, how it is being received and who is engaging.