Ever seen those ‘lost in translation’ moments in leadership communications? How did my crisply written, insight-driven messages completely fail to engage when delivered by one leader, yet inspire when delivered by another?
Join our guest Rob Shimmin, business communicator and executive coach for practical advice and examples of how best to give your leaders a more credible and impactful voice across all channels.
Some of the areas that are covered:
- Build trust in you – How to give honest feedback that earns the trust of your leadership team.
- Build trust in them – Better employee engagement by helping leaders speak with one, credible voice.
- What to say – Leverage employee engagement data to ensure your content hits the messaging sweet spot.
- Who says it? – Use your CEO where they perform best. Finding and using better communicators, deeper in the organization.
- Where to say it – Building an appropriate mix of channels that play to the communication strengths of your leaders.
- Well said! – Numerous examples of the delivery of content that drives desirable action through powerful storytelling.
Rob Shimmin is a communications consultant and executive coach with more than 25 years’ experience building global corporate brands on their good days and protecting them through the bad days of crisis.
As a Henley Business School qualified coach, he works with senior management to explore personal brands and helps individuals and teams fulfil their potential. Rob connects his branding work with coaching by developing stronger corporate narratives before helping executives bring them alive.
Prior to setting up Shimmin Communications in late 2004, Rob spent a decade with Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide, running the Brussels office, then the global corporate practice before spending his last three years as Managing Director of Europe, Middle-East and Africa.
STRUGGLING WITH STRATEGY?
You need our Ultimate Guide to Internal Communications Strategy.Download here ›