Great communicators don’t necessarily make great leaders, but brilliant leaders are always superb communicators.
However, that doesn’t mean they have to be the best orators in the world. They don’t have to be.
Because great communication isn’t all about imparting information – it’s about connecting and inspiring. That’s the most important bit, and it’s something that’s too often forgotten.
Of course, all leadership teams have varying degrees of communication skills, and even the best can benefit from coaching. And those best placed to give this advice are the people who know their leaders communication strengths and weaknesses better than most, and who also happen to be the same people who know the target audience best – people like YOU, the internal communication professional.
This guide, compiled from questions to executive coach Rob Shimmin during his Poppulo webinar, How to be a better communication coach to your leadership team (download at poppulo.com) addresses issues such as:
- understanding your leadership team. Who’s trusted? How do they like to communicate?
- dealing with CEOs who insist on overwhelming data-driven presentations
- leaders who are super-smart and articulate….but boring
- leaders who want to be highly scripted for their presentations
- and those who want the presentation to be all about themselves!
Thank you for downloading our content!